So we got up this morning to go to church, and Colin started throwing up. He threw up like 4 times from 7:30 until 9:00. I felt sooo bad for him. Then, Brennan was in his high chair, and had a blowout of EXPLOSIVE diarrhea. It was EVERYWHERE. At that point I decided that we probably shouldn't got to church. The bad thing was that Miguel had already left for church, and I was warming the food for the lunch that I do every week...so i still had to drive the food to the house that the lunch was at...and this week it was in Burleson (about 1 hr 15 mins from our house). Yikes!
So, I was giving the boys a bath...since one was covered in vomit and the other in poop. I forgot that the food (chili) was warming and ended up burning it. Really really burning it. There was NO saving it. So, I packed up the boys, ran to the store, bought all new ingredients to make a quick new batch and hurried to the checkout line...where Colin puked all over the floor. Yuck. I felt terrible taking him into the store knowing he was sick, but I had to have food for the lunch!
We got back home, where Colin threw up a couple more times, and I made the chili. It definitely was NOT my best, but I did the best that I could with the time that I had. I had to have the chili in Burleson by 12:45. I packed up the boys again, and made the trek to Burleson. Colin threw up 3 more times on the way, and then FINALLY fell asleep. I dropped off the food, and turned around to go back home. I hit my hand on my seatbelt and broke one of my new pretty nails! UGH! Today was just not my day!
We finally got home, and I made Colin his 'sick bed'. Basically, it's a blanket on the floor covered with smaller blankets for him to lay on. When he throws up, I just remove a layer of blankets. He doesn't tell me with enough time to get him to the bathroom, so this works. He is currently watching tv.
September 16
10 months ago

Poor kids and poor mommy! I hope everyone is feeling better.
ReplyDelete