Monday, December 22, 2008

Brennan & Colin Update

Well, last night Colin threw up and was running 101.8 fever. I wasn't too worried about him. I gave him some Motrin and out him to bed. his fever broke a little while later, and he's pretty much been fine since then, with just a little complaining of a tummy ache this morning.

Brennan, on the other hand, worried me a little last night. He too, was running fever. His only got to 100.5, but for a 10 week old, that's too high. The magic worry number is 100.5. So, I called the pediatrician's nurse line, who then called and talked to our pediatrician. When she called me back she told me that our pediatrician said that we can keep him at home until the morning but to monitor him closely. So, we gave him some Tylenol, and out him to sleep in the room with us. I got up every 2 hours to check his temperature. It dropped, but even now, he's still at 99.1.

This morning I took the boys to see the pediatrician. Colin is fine. Brennan, like I said, is still running a low grade fever. He has a mild right ear infection, which we were prescribed antibiotics for, and now he has some wheezing and crackles in his lungs. He was diagnosed with bronchiolitis. I need to put saline in his nose and suction it out to help prevent pneumonia. The pediatrician said to call back if the fever isn't gone in 48 hours or if it gets to 102. Let's pray that that doesn't happen b/c we would like to spend Brennan's first Christmas at home and not in the hospital.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the boys are doing better now. I am sorry you had to go through all of that, I know it can be scary

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!