Monday, October 18, 2010

Sick Brennan

My poor Brennan is sick today. I hate seeing him sick. It just breaks my heart when he isn't feeling well.

It started yesterday. I put the boys in for an afternoon nap and I went to lay down since I had to work last night. Well, none of us ended up napping. Brennan woke up about 15 minutes into the nap crying. It was a whining cry. He was running a low grade fever. I attributed it to a bulging molar that looked like it was about to cut. I went to work at 6:30...and Brennan was pretty whiny all the way until I left. Well, at 11:30, Miguel called me to tell me that Brennan had woken up screaming, and was running 103.3 fever. I tried to leave work, but was unable at the time.  Over the next couple of hours, Miguel was pretty much up with Brennan the entire time. I was able to leave work an hour early. When I got home, Brennan was crying. I held him for a while, but he just couldn't get settled. I finally tried to sleep on the couch with him on my chest. That worked on and off for maybe an hour. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much last night. Brennan finally fell asleep for good at around 6 am. Unfortunately, I had to wake up at 8 to take Colin to school.

All morning long Brennan was cranky and was running around 101. At 11:30 I took his temperature again, and this time it was 104.5. I decided to take him into the pediatrician's office. He saw the NP. She said that his throat was very red, but there weren't any pus pockets or blisters. She thinks that it is just a virus (1 of 2 going around right now that is causing high fever and sore throat). She swabbed him for strep, and that was negative. She said to watch him for the next few days and to come back if he develops any other symptoms or has the fever for more than 3 days.

We got home and Brennan just kept getting worse. No nap, whining, crying and lethargy were my afternoon. I took Brennan's temperature again, and it reached it's highest, 104.9. Poor baby. After being diligent with the tylenol & motrin, and pushing liquids, Brennan is currently in bed and acting more like himself.

I'm hoping that tonight will be a little better. Hopefully Brennan will get some quality rest. Right before bed he was playing and acting like himself again. His temperature was 99.8. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I could have sworn I commented on this. I am glad he got over this nasty thing. Poor guy

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!