Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Coheed & Cambria Were AWESOME!!!

So I've seen Coheed live a few times now (3, I think)...but last night...was just AWESOME! AMAZING! Joel & Valerie met us at the Gypsy Tea Room.
There were 4 bands. First up was MeWithoutYou. The music was okay, but the singer really sucked it up big time, and he was definitely on something.
Next up was Dredg. I kind of liked them. Miguel bought their album a couple of weeks ago, and they are pretty good. The were pretty good live also.
After them came Blood Brothers. They were absolutely awful. They had a few catchy songs, but the 2 singers...if you can even call them singers...screamers actually, were terrible. I swear, they screamed for an hour straight. I didn't understand 1 word that they said. I just wished that the 1 guy would stop shaking his head. He was giving me a headache just watching him. I was soo happy to see them get off stage.
Finally, after waiting forever for Coheeds entrance onto the stage, there they were. They smoked up the place, had a bunch of light effects, and the music started. It was great. The played a bunch of songs from their new album, and quite a few from previous albums. The crowd was so into them. They put on a really good live show! When it was over they left the stage, and everyone was shouting "encore, encore, encore." Coheed entered the stage one last time and not only played another 2 full songs, but then just kind of jammed out for like 10 minutes. AMAZING concert!
When they first came one it was like people made a mad dash to the front, pushing people out of the way, and somehow for a second, I ended up getting pushed pretty hard a couple of times. That part wasn't fun, but I backed up a little bit, and all was well again. I felt kind of bad for the short people, including Valerie. I'm not short, and I had a hard time seeing. It was like the super tall people wanted to stand right in front of us. Even though I couldn't see them the whole time, I could still hear the music, and it was awesome! Have I reached my "awesome" limit yet? How many times can I saw "awesome" in one post? Anyway, Coheed was awesome.
It was so worth the expensive price that we paid for the tickets! It was even worth listening to the Blood Brothers. Wow is all I can say.
By the end of the night, we had been standing for quite a while. Doors opened at 6:00, and the show ended sometime after 11:00, so 5+ hours of standing in one spot was pretty hard on my feet and lower back. Not to mention all the people smoking was making my eyes hurt...but totally worth it!
Coheed & Cambria were AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!