Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11/01 - Where Were You?

So 5 years ago today was the day. Need I say more? I know that everyone knows where they were and what they were doing that morning.

I was in New York, about 40 miles north of Manhatthan. I was heading to class, A&P I to be exact. My professor was running late for class, which we all thought was odd, b/c she was always on time. Next thing I knew she came running into class sobbing and saying that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center and that she had a bad feeling about it. The second plane hadn't crashed yet. Miguel called my cell phone a few minutes later, but I didn't answer b/c I was in class. Someone came to my classroom a few minutes later and talked to the professor in private. She came back into the class saying taht the school was in lockdown b/c a second plane crashed into the tower, and people weren't sure what was going on. They moved us to another classroom with a bunch of other students. They finally let some of us go home after they asked us where we lived. A lot of students at my college lived in NYC. I only lived a 5 minute drive from the college, so they let me leave. I called Miguel on my way home, where he filled me in on what was happening. We both spent the rest of the dat with the news station on. We were worried about my mom b/c she was working in a hospital across the bridge, and very close to Manhattan. I tried calling her, but since her hospital was put on disaster watch, the phone lines were flooded, and I wasn't able to talk to her until much much later.

So, where were you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!