Friday, December 29, 2006

4 Month Appointment

Colin had his 4 month check-up today. He is very healthy. He weighs 15 lbs. 10 oz. (75th-90th percentile) and is 25.5 inches long (95th percentile). The doctor said that he is a tall baby! He got 4 shots today, so he's been a little sleepy & cranky, but other than that, he's great! We'll be starting solids - starting with cereal, and adding baby food in 6 weeks. I'll keep you updated to the solid food progress!

Speaking of Colin being a tall baby, we have been in the process of looking for a convertible carseat for him b/c he doesn't seem very comfortable in his infant car seat anymore. He used to love being in it, but now he cries every time we put him in it. Our infant car seat will hold a baby up to 25 pounds or 27 inches. Colin is quickly approaching the 27 inch mark. I had seen an open box Britax Marathon on sale at Babies R Us for $229 (originally $270). It had been there since before Thanksgiving, and was there last week when I went. So I drove over there today to finally buy it, and, of course, it wasn't there anymore. I was upset that we had missed out on the deal. I went home and searched ebay. I think the carseat not being there anymore was a blessing in disguise b/c I found one on ebay for $182. I placed at bid, and 20 minutes later I was winner of a brand new Britax Marathon! It ended up coming out to $207 with shipping, but the price with shipping was still better than the open box sale at BRU! I can't wait to get it! I'm so excited about it! The things that a mother gets excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!