Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Colin's 2 Year Check-Up

Today was Colin's 2 year check-up...

I'll start with the positives...He weighs 29 pounds and is 35 1/2 inches tall. His pediatrician expects him to be between 5'11" and 6'0" tall. He's gonna be a big boy! Colin's social and verbal skills are right where they need to be...actually, his verbal skills are a little advanced for his age.

The pediatrician suggested waiting to potty train for a while longer since baby #2 is on the way. He said that most boys aren't ready until at least 2 1/2 anyway. I mentioned that he was showing interest for a while and then completely stopped, and he just said not to push the issue.

Now the negative...in the car on the way to the office Colin started crying for no apparent reason, and nothing I said or did made it any better. It wasn't his "normal" cry, but more of a whiny cry. Next thing I knew, he vomited all over himself, and started crying again. Then he vomited again, and once again. We were about 5 minutes from the pediatrician's office, and when I got to the parking lot, I stripped him down to his onesie and socks. He just laid on me looking all pitiful. We then got into the office and into the exam room, and poor Colin lost his breakfast again. Good thing I brought a blanket for him...I was able to catch all of the puke in the blanket and not make a mess. The pediatrician saw him and we ended up holding off on a vaccine today b/c he' sick. We left the office and I got him back into the car, and poor Colin started dry heaving but nothing came out. The pediatrician gave me a prescription for zofran to help with the nausea, so we were headed to the pharmacy and then home. Colin vomited 4 more times in the car on the way home...all over himself and the car. I have some major duty disinfecting to get started on right now while Colin is napping!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that totally sux!!
    Hope he starts feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, poor guy. I hope he feels better soon. Sorry you have to clean that up, yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!