Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I used to be into Valentine's Day much more than I am now. In fact, I really couldn't care less about it at all. So, if Miguel didn't do or say anything, I would be okay with that. If we didn't have special dinner plans, I would be okay with that.

That being said...Miguel surprised me with a beautiful card, one of my favorite chocolate bars, and a gift certificate for a special mani/pedi at a spa that I like. We also went out to dinner last night for sushi (one of my favorites!), went shopping at one of my favorite stores, and finished off the evening at a coffee shop.

It was so nice. It was so nice that even though he knows that I don't care about Valentine's Day he made it special. It was so nice that we had a full evening out...alone. It was so nice to have adult conversation that didn't involve the words mommy, papi, be nice, stop it, calm down, relax, lower your voice, no yelling, eat your food, no, no, no, etc. Now, I love my boys with all of my heart, but it was definitely a much needed evening!

Thank you Miguel for planning such a nice evening. I truly had a great time with you...my husband, my friend. *Muah*

1 comment:

  1. WHat a wonderful Valentines day. I am glad he made it so special, you deserve it

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!