Monday, January 11, 2010

Teaching Colin to Read

I've been wanting Colin to learn to read for a while now. I was a very early reader, and he shows the same potential and eagerness as I did (so states my mother). He's always reading books...either making up stories based on the pictures, or memorizing them from when we read them to him. We read to him ALL THE TIME. He just seems to ready to learn! I've ordered (and received) 'Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons'. It came recommended by a friend who had some friends use the system. The lessons only take about 12-15 minutes per day, with a maximum of 20 minutes if there is a lot of redirecting. I've read through the beginning of the book where they explain why and how the system works. It seems like it really will work! I plan to do 1 lesson per day 5 days a week. We will see how that goes! I plan to start tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing about his progress!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!