Friday, April 27, 2007

First Ear Infection

I took Colin to the doctor last week, b/c he was tugging at his right ear and crying a lot. The doctor said that he just had a cold, but to keep an eye on him b/c it could turn into an ear infection...

Well, last night Colin woke about every 2 hours crying. Not screaming, but more of a fussy kind of cry. We finally took his temperature at 6:30 this morning, and it was 100.5. I gave him so tylenol, and he went back to sleep until 8:00. At 8:00 his temperature went down to 99.3. I was happy but decided to call the doctor anyway, just to let them know what was going on.

I re-took his temperature at 10:00, and it was 100.8, but still to early for his next dose of tylenol. I took it again at 10:30, and it was 101.1. I gave him more tylenol. We then headed for the doctors office. They took his temperature at 11:00 and it was 101.4.

Turns out, that Colin has an infection in his right ear. It's not that bad, but it's still painful for him, and having the temperature is making him feel yucky. I am currently waiting for his prescription to be filled so we can get antibiotics on board and get it cleared up. I hate seeing my baby like this.

Not sure yet what we are doing about tomorrow...
My friend from work is getting married in Junction, TX, and we were supposed to leave Colin with my mom for the weekend and head down there. I'll let you know what we decide to do!

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy and poor mommy and daddy. It is so hard to see your little one sick and in pain. I pray that he finds comfort and heals quickly! You are a good mommy for taking such great care of him!

    Keep me updated on how he is! IF you need anything let me know. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Baby. I'm glad he is feeling better, now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!