Monday, April 02, 2007

Update on My Mom

Another update on my mom...

First of all, thank you to everyone who has been praying for her. I KNOW prayer works!

Her surgery was scheduled for 9:00 yesterday morning, but they took her at 8:00. I was at work, and freaking out, and realized that I wasn't on the schedule anyway. Someone made a mistake...and it wasn't me! So, I left work at 10:00 and went straight to the hospital. The doctor called me at 10:45, to tell me how the surgery went. I got to the hospital a few minutes later, and my mom was in the recovery room. It's funny what people say when they are under anesthesia!

So now the update...

My mom went through the surgery very well! She has about a 4-5 inch incision in the crease of her arm. Her arm is very swollen and red. They pulled a very large blood clot out of her arm. The said it was an "extensive" surgery.

She's doing well, and in good spirits. It helps that people are visiting her and calling. It really shows that they care. Her incision is hurting, but that's to be expected after surgery. She'll definitely be in the hospital until tomorrow, and maybe even Wednesday.

I hate thinking about what could have happened if she hadn't gone back to the hospital when she did, but I know God had a lot to do with it. I thank you all again for your prayers. They worked, once again!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that the surgery went well and I hope she heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!