Saturday, March 31, 2007

More Prayers...PLEASE!

Ok, so my mom came home form the hospital on Tuesday after having her cardiac catheterization on Monday. They did it through her wrist. She was having pain, but thought that it was normal. Well, the pain hasn't gotten any better, in fact, it's gotten worse over the past few days. I've been telling her to get it checked out, but once again, she didn't listen to me. I'm an ER nurse damnit! I see this all the time! Listen to me!
Anyway, she finally went back to to ER this afternoon, having her doctor told her to, and it turns out that she has a HUGE clot in her arm where they did the catheterization. The clot is from her wrist to her elbow. This is very scary, b/c if any piece of the clot breaks off, it will go straight to her lungs, and she would probably die of a PE (pulmonary embolus). Normally, once they find the clot, they give you "clot busters" to break up the clot, or dissolve it...but her clot is too big for that. So, she is having surgery tomorrow morning around 9:00. She's very nervous, b/c they are putting her completely out, and she will probably go to the ICU after the surgery.
To make things worse, I can't be there b/c I'm working tomorrow. I took off last Sunday & Monday, so I can't take off tomorrow. I'm really nervous for her, but I know the power of prayer...so PLEASE say a prayer tonight and a quick prayer for her tomorrow morning. I TRULY appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. We will keep her and your family in our prayers.

    May god be with and guide your mom through surgery. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon and I will keep her and the rest of your family in our prayers. We know how scary it is to be in the hospital for any amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!