Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Update on My Mom

I brought my mom home from the hospital today. She is doing much better. She still has the chest tightness, but no more pain.

In a nutshell, the results of the heart catheterization were fantastic! No blockages! Praise God! They went in through her wrist, and that caused a lot of pain, so she stayed 1 more night last night. Her poor arm is hard, swollen and bruised.

She isn't in the greatest of health. While in the hospital, she found out that her thyroid is out of whack again, her cholesterol is high, blood pressure is high, and she is now a type II diabetic. All but the thyroid can be controlled by diet and excercise...basically lifestyle changes that she would have to make, but until then, she had medication to help get things under control.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. I know they were the reason that she ended up not having a heart attack. I ask for your continued prayers for her...for continued recovery, and a willingness to change her lifestyle. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. May God heal your mom of all of her aliments and help her willingly accept a lifestyle change so that she maybe healthy and not be in pain.

    I will be praying

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad they didn't find any blockages - I know that can be so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that she is doing better. I hope that her recovery goes smoothly and I pray a change in lifestyle will come as easily as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!