Thursday, August 16, 2007

Beep...Beep...Beep

Why is it that the fire alarm batteries always die in the middle of the night? About 2 weeks ago Miguel and I woke up to BEEP...BEEP....BEEP and we figured out that it was in his office. So we got up, and took the battery out. I bought a bunch of batteries b/c Miguel figured that the when the house was built, all of the alarms got the batteries around the same time, so they will probably die around the same time. We never changed out the rest of the batteries.

Last night at 3:00, Miguel woke me up saying the he heard a BEEP. I didn't hear it and after a few minutes of listening, I told him to go back to sleep. So as I was drifting off to sleep again, I heard BEEP! Frustrated, Miguel sat up and said "did you hear it this time?" This time I got up and went searching the house for the stupid alarm that was half dead. After waiting in the living room for about 5 minutes, I finally went back into the bedroom to go back to sleep. It never made another BEEP the rest of the night! How frustrating!

2 comments:

  1. Of course they can't make them beep frequently enough that you can actually find them... that would be madness!

    We've had the same problem - a couple of times a month in our first apartment, actually. It hasn't happened at all in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH...This really irks me. OUr does it in the middle of the night too! Once Chris was gone and I couldn't do anything about it b/c i was pregnant so I took Emma and we went to Lisa's like at 6 in the morning. I had to pu tup with it for a few hours cause I didn't want to wake her too early

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!