Monday, August 21, 2006

Officially on Maternity Leave

Today is my first official day that I am on maternity leave. I know, I know, I was only working 1 day a week before, but now I'm not working any...for a little while anyway. I'm very excited about that. Now that I have started, Baby P needs to make his appearance!

Yesterday was my last day at work, and let me tell you, had it not been...I probably would have left early. For teh past 3 months or so, whoever is charge nurse has been really easy on me (which is why I have been able to work so long). SHe's let me work triage or fast track, where i get to sit down most, if not all, of the day. Well, yesterday, I had to work the main ER, including taking a trauma room. I ran my butt off all day. We were very short-staffed to begin with (down 3 nurses), and we didn't even have enough coverage for lunch...but believe me, I found some time to eat! By the end of the shift, my ankles were so swollen that you couldn't even see my ankle bone, and my back was KILLING me...mid & lower pain. I barely sat down all day. Then, after my back started hurting, I had to drive an hour home...which ended up being more like 1 1/2 hours because of traffic on 35. I feel like I left there with a bang.

I've mostly been resting today, but my back is still hurting. I've cleaned the kitchen, and really want to get the rest of the house clean, but decided that I will work on things slowly.

Again I ask for labor prayers. Both Miguel & I are ready...and I'm just sick of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!