Saturday, August 19, 2006

So I Haven't Updated In a Few Days...

Here's why & what's been going on...

First, on Wednesday, I went walking the mall with Casey. I left the house around 10:00, and got home around 2:30 at which point, I realized that I hadn't felt the baby move at all since before i left the house. I was a little nervous, so I tried waking him up, but with no luck. I ended up calling my doctor's office where they told me to eat some candy and call them back in 30 minutes. I did so, in fact, I enjoyed a snickers bar! I waited the 30 minutes, and only felt 1 or 2 little movements. Very unlike the little guy. It just didn't feel right to me. I called the doctor back, and they wanted me to come in to monitor me. I did so, and Miguel met me over there. He was nervous as well. I felt really silly because as soon as they hooked me up to the TOCO monitor (it monitors baby's heart rate & contractions), he started moving. They decided to watch me for a while. Turns out that I was having contractions the entire time, but wasn't feeling any of them! I was excited about that. I had a sono done after the monitoring just for peace of mind for the doctor and us, and everything is great!

Thursday was uneventful, but I think that I lost my mucus plug, or at least part of it, that night. Sorry, TMI for some of you!

Friday night was not very fun for me. I started "cramping" (and I put cramping in "", b/c that's what it felt like to me, though I'm not sure if they were contractions of not). The "cramps" were coming and going for a little over an hour, but they never intensified, so I tried to go to sleep. I finally did, but I don't sleep well anymore. I woke up at around 5:30 with the "cramping" again. It didn't last too long. Pretty sure those were Braxton-Hicks contractions.

Needless to say that now my back is really aching me. I've gotten some more of the "cramps" today, but not as bad as last night. I really just wish that real labor would take over soon!

I'm having a church baby shower this evening, so I must head over to it now. Please pray labor prayers for me!

1 comment:

  1. wow, I had no idea that all of this was going on. I am so sorry I didnt call to check on you. I am glad that you are ok and the baby is ok! I am so sorry that you are in so much pain though. Is there anything I can do? I am sending labor prayers and dust your way. Call me if you need anything or just need to vent. Take care

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!