Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Brennan Update

I just want to thank everyone for your prayers and thoughts today. Miguel and I were very nervous about Brennan's dermatology appointment.

The dermatologist looked at the 'growth' on Brennan's leg and immediately thought that it wasn't anything harmful. He gave us 2 diagnosis (long weird names) that he thinks it could possibly be...both benign. It's definitely a mass of cells. He told us that we could take the 'wait and see' approach...basically keep an eye on it and if it changes bring him back in. I hate this approach. He also offered to do a skin biopsy on him. That would give us a definitive answer as to what it is, but it involves a needle and a razor thingy. This option is a little more painful now, but at least we would have results. We chose to have the skin biopsy.

They did the biopsy right then and there, and Brennan did GREAT! He barely cried for the numbing medicine, and didn't feel the biopsy at all. We can expect to have results back in 10-14 days. We are hoping for the best. The dermatologist feels pretty confident as well.

I'll update again when I get the results back. Please keep Brennan in your prayers. Thanks!


  1. I'm glad that the dermatologist thinks it is benign and I pry that the results come vback with good news. We r praying

  2. Oh gosh,I can't keep up with the dates on your blog...argh, so glad you were able to get in today. I'm praying for you and sweet little Brennan

  3. I can't imagine just waiting to see on that kind of thing - I'd have done the biopsy too. I hope you get some satisfactory (and non-worrying!) answers.

  4. Thanks everyone. The waiting for the answer is killing me. I'm trying really hard not to think about it since there is nothing that I can do about it right now...except wait.


Leave me some love!